Monday, 18 August 2014

Getting back into the swing of things

So after a little hiatus I'm back... I've neglected my blog and I'm looking to get back into the swing of things. I recently bought a Cintiq 13hd and have loved the upgrade from my tattered and worn Bamboo.

Not too long ago I took part in a 30 day figure drawing challenge which was extremely insightful and I learnt a lot about proportion. I've tried a few times to gain the spark of creativity at home and failed. Every time I went to begin anew I would become frustrated by my rustiness and would give up (probably due to work time stress).

After a few attempts at kick starting my motivation I've had to come to terms with the fact that I am going to have to go back to basics. Practice! Practice! Practice! And I shall see the results much like anything else.

This evening I have timed a 40 minute speed painting from a cliff landscape reference. The foreground is definitely not as strong as the rest of the image, but it's definitely a start in the right direction.


More progress to follow. I want to "level up" and I'm in a very good place to do so. I have the time, energy and positive mood to do this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment