Saturday, 18 September 2010

Unit 1: Anatomy

So yesterday we were given our first brief. After a tedious week it all kicked off yesterday to bring an incredible life to the start of the year. We have been given the task of recording our metamorphosis into a hybrid creature after an accident with a teleportation pod. I have the fortune of hybridising with a Gromphadorhina portentosa........ or in English a Madagascan hissing Cockroach. I look forward into delving into the popular belief that cockroaches would rule the world due to mankind destroying itself in a nuclear war (Probably could play with that idea in my hybridisation).

On another note, looking into the presentations of the previous students and the second years, I know it's not the way I should be feeling because we have a lot of time to get to that level but it was a very intimidating day. The work was incredible I'm not going to pick on any single presentation however the Metanoia animation (I think this was the correct spelling sorry if it's not) was an animation which interested me in pursuing this course when I was making up my mind.

At work today I have begun to start sketching my hand and the Madagascan hissing cockroach, and I should be posting these pictures onto my blog tomorrow with a few annotations but now off to do some more drawings and improve my abilities of drawing human anatomy and cockroach anatomy to create my transformation into a hybrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment